Sunday, March 27, 2011

Whatever You Do, Don't Lose Your Praise

Psalm 18:1 - 3
1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.  2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
 3I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Whatever you go through in life you can't afford to lose your praise. There are different types of praisers:

Conditional Praiser: When God does something for them. God is worthy to be praised in the good and bad times.

Thankful Praisers: Thankful for what God has done, what He is doing and how He is keeping them.

Prophetic Praisers: Thanking God for what is on the way.

Psalm 34:19

19Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

2 Cor 3:9
9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.

We should praise God because He is worthy. If he doesn't do anything else He has done enough.

Daniel 3:18:

17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.


Ephesians 3:20

20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us

Crazy Praisers: They are not worried about what others think of them when they praise God.

Psalm 18:2
2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

There are so many reasons to praise God.

Rock:



A rock is stable and a strong place. God is our stability. You may be in between a rock in a hard place. That is the best place to be because you are closer to Jesus than you are to hell.

Fortress:


A place of exceptional security. You are in the palm of God. No demon can harm you. No one can pluck you out of the stability of God unless you choose to leave God.

Psalm 91:1

1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


The safest place is in the will of God.

Joshua 24:15
15And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

To the parents: You are the parent and not a child's friend and you run the house. Kids will only do what you allow them to do.

Deliverer:


There are a lot of ex-somethings in the church. We all have been delivered from something.

Buckler:


The reason why we are not crazy is because Jesus is our seatbel for our bodies, spirits, mind, families, ect. Certain things happen because God removed the hedge. God is trusting us to pass the test when he removes it. When it is removed the devil can tough your stuff but not you.

Job 1:6-12
6Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
 7And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
 8And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
 9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
 10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
 11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
 12And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

High tower:

When you are in a high tower you can see above. The tower of Babel was built to get God Gen 11:4). We don't to build a tower to to get to God. You don't have to go through the pastor, parent, or priest to get to God. You can get to God by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment