Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Make Me Wanna Holla Pt. 2

Psalm 34:1-6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

     1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.
3 O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

 4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.


Marvin Gaye's album was political and wasn’t meant to make you dance. This was about social issues.
In the power of the cry there is deliverance. David had just had the trial of his life in 1 Sam 21. He was running for a decade. He was anointed but not appointed. The devil is a liar. You will get to where God has for you. Average will be no more. We may be anointed but we are not appointed.

 1 I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

When are you going to bless God instead of asking God to bless you? You don’t thank God for the bad things but in the midst of the trial you bless His name.We see David has a resolve to praise. It doesn’t mean he walks around 24/7 saying thank you. He walks in the spirit of praise. When you do this you are prepared for the worse day of your life. It’s your praise that will bring you out.

Romans 8:18

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
 

Romans 8:18

New Living Translation (NLT)
 
 18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.

Are you tolerating drama? God will elevate you.

Psalm 55:17

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur,
And He will hear my voice.

In the midst of your low days we will open our mouth and bless the Lord.

Psalm 34:2

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2 My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice


Psalm 34:2

New Living Translation (NLT)

 2 I will boast only in the ord;
      let all who are helpless take heart.

Whatever happens in his life we he will give God glory.

James 1:17

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

What you have is because of God and what you are about to have is because of God. Your testimony is crucial. If someone can see God doing something for you they will have hope.

Revelation 12:11

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even [a]when faced with death.

You have no strength because you haven’t given your testimony.

Matthew 5:16

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

We also see a rally for corporate praise in Psalm 34:3.

3 O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.


No matter what you go through you go to church and bless Him.

Psalm 122:1

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
   
 1 I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the LORD.”

I have to pull myself up and get myself together and get to church. When we move He moves.

We see a rescue from a rough place in Psalm 34:4-5

4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.


If you have been in a low place God is getting ready to rescue. When you holler God is getting ready to lift you up. If He got Joseph out of the pit He will do it for your. When Judah showed up Joseph was lifted. Judah represents praise.

6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.
 
This poor man cried. This demonstrates the real power of a holler. Life will throw road block and hurdles. You may have to pray longer than you want to and walk higher than you wanted to. If you throw your hands up and holler God will deliver you from everything.

Your holler will get you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment