Sunday, July 17, 2011

iTithe

If you want God to do His part, you have to do yours. There are three types of people concerning tithing: a)committed - they tithe no matter what, b)uncommitted - they know about tithing but don't do it or are inconsistent about tithing, c).uninformed - they simply don't know about tithing.

You should tithe because you love God.


Gen 28:20 -22 
20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. 22 And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

A tithe is a tenth. It is like dues for the kingdom. When you pay your dues God does what He is supposed to do in the kingdom. Jacob asked for protection, provision and God's presence. When you tithe God will make sure that you have all of these things.

You can't be an emotional tither and give because the service is high. When financial problems hit we have a tendency to want to stop giving to God. Giving only God an offering is like tipping with out paying for the meal.

If you don't make much God He doesn't require much. If you make much He requires more. 10% is nothing. Just like God told Adam to not touch the fruit and eat it we are to not tough the tithe.

10 Reasons to Tithe:

1. Gen 28:20-22
 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the LORD shall be my God. 22 And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

You want God's provision, protections and presence. When you don't tithe he is not obligated to do those things.

2. Gen 2:17
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

It is the holy part . When you keep it and don't feel convicted then it means you don't see as holy. Stop juggling God's dime.

3. Prov 3:9
9 Honor the LORD with your possessions,
      And with the firstfruits of all your increase;

     

It brings honor to God.

4. Phil 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

You can't cite that scripture with confidence when you don't tithe. If you are robbing God what do you need Him for? Why should He fix your problems? Your situation can change in an instant but you have to trust Him.

5. Matt 23:23
23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Jesus said we ought to.

6. Malachi 3:8
8 “ Will a man rob God?
      Yet you have robbed Me!
      But you say,

      ‘ In what way have we robbed You?’
      In tithes and offerings.

     
You don't want to rob God. A thief is slick but a robber will take with no shame and won't try to hide what he or she is doing. The tithe is for where you are being fed. If you have a problem with your pastor at least give your tithe to a charity that is doing God's work.

Mal 3:10
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
      That there may be food in My house,
      And try Me now in this,”
      Says the LORD of hosts,

      “ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
      And pour out for you such blessing
      That there will not be room enough to receive it.


When you tithe it opens God's supernatural window. When you take the tithe the windows close.

8. Mal 3:10
You believe in your storehouse (church). We can't play with God's money. When we help others they will be interested to come to church.

9. Mal 3:11
10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
      That there may be food in My house,
      And try Me now in this,”
      Says the LORD of hosts,

      “ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
      And pour out for you
such blessing
      That
there will not be room enough to receive it.



So God can guard your increase. The devil is trying to eat up your money. Tithes was their crop in the verse. There are many things that can eat up our money such as an unexpected expense. The recession angel will pass you over.

10. Mal 3:10

God says to put Him to the test. When you tithe God is obligated to His word and you don't have to wonder what will happen. If you lost your job God will give you a better one. Don't question if God is going to move if you are not tithing. Question yourself whether or not you have given what is God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment